Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cravings


So, I've had some weird cravings lately.  (No! I'm not pregnant!!!)  I've had these hankerings for some of the strangest things, mostly for foods that I always wanted as a kid, but very seldom got.  I think that now that I'm a mom I'm figuring out 1) why I didn't get these things very often and 2) that I now have an excuse to buy them.  The other day I wanted some spaghettio's, so that's what I fixed Jack for dinner.  After one bite I thought, what was I thinking?!  Growing up I always wanted a kid cuisine meal.  I thought it was so cool how each food had it's own compartment and of course the foods were extremely kid friendly.  None of that made from scratch stuff my mom made us eat.  So, the other night, since the hubs was out of town and I was tired, I made Jack a kid cuisine with cheese ravioli.  Of course since it was a childhood dream of mine I had to sneak a bite.  Again, I was so disappointed!  The food literally felt and tasted like rubber!  My most recent craving has been for a Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie.  I've sat on this one for several days, scared that I may be let down again.  I'm wondering if it would be better to satisfy my craving and be disappointed or just have all of the hype in my head?  I'm thinking I just need to go home and have my mom make me one from scratch.   

1 comment:

  1. Now I want a nutty bar :). Other childhood foods that are disappointing as an adult: Vienna sausages, goldfish crackers and chips ahoy. I must admit that Oreos are just as good, if not better!

    ReplyDelete